minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

wild weather!

You know how when you are little they always tell you how hail can be the size of golf balls, but yet, in Seattle, we don't even have marble sized ones? Well, yesterday, while Nico and I were going to pick up my plane ticket, there was hail, yes! the size of golf balls. It was so intense... luckily we were in the bus, but... as Nico so eloquently put it "this is worse than Iraq!" it really did feel like a war zone with balls of ice crashing down on the bus and world around us. What an amazing demonstration of the power of weather. Alberto told us when he got home that night that 10 people died of heart attacks because of the hail (it was such a shock on their systems), and the news showed windows being broken, people with bruises and an overall state of panic throughout many parts of the city as no one wanted to go out in the extreme weather... there is a reason we say "no throwing ice" when we are having a snowball fight... its so much harder than snow. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera on me... but I found this picture of it on google to give you an idea of what it was all like...

beijos,
Ana

(Weather: 14 C, cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Craving: Friday night)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ana,

It's Jonathan in Atlanta.. if you can get online email when you get to Atlanta: cook.jonathan.m@gmail.com I know myspace has been screwing up, but I'll reply back with my # and we can hangout during your layover.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home