minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I'M GOING HOME!!!

So after missing my flight last night and being very discouraged about making it home within a reasonable amount of time, Alberto called up his friend who works for Delta, pulled strings and got me a ticket out of here for a mere $700 for this friday. Other than that I'm going to have a layover in Atlanta for 10 hours... its better than not making it home at all.

It was actually really entertaining though. When Nico and I went to pick up the ticket, the lady told us that the ticket would be $5000 pesos (3 pesos to a dollar) and Nico told her that it should only be about $2200, and she goes "no e possivel!" but, luckily it was... and we got my ticket and I'll be there saturday at 7:30 at night. (Anyone want to go out?!?)

Yesterday, Nico and I wento to an area of town called "La Boca" that is a really old, and generally poor part of town that is famous for its brightly colored buildings. They are brightly colored because when people lived there and needed to paint, they had to buy whatever was cheap... so as it turns out its all funky colored. That's where we took this picture... I think its my favorite of my trip. So funny and such a great memory. Besides, now I can say that I tangoed in Buenos Aires :)


ate logo,

Ana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home