minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Tevemos um ladrão!

I keep on forgetting to mention this because of all of the other excitement that has been going on here with coming back and then leaving again. But the friday before we came back to Porto Belo a robber broke into the house and stole my guitar (minus my capo which was clamped onto the neck... what and idiot of a robber!), my new brasil zip up hoodie (which I´ve already replaced), and a pair of jeans, along with the house´s DVD player, and Jorge´s MP3 player (which he found outside down the street unscathed).

I guess I haven´t said anything because he took pretty insignificant stuff to me... easily replaceable and nothing of great sentimental value... which he easily could have done. What I don´t get is how does a robber go into my closet, take my jeans and a sweatshirt but not all of my jewelery that is just sitting in a little box next to my clothes? It would have taken him about 15 seconds to gather it all up and put the lid on and he would have had the necklace my dad gave me as a 13th birthday present, all of my earrings, my rings, EVERYTHING. So thankfully... all he took was my guitar, some jeans and a sweatshirt. Jorge already got me a new guitar, which I ended up paying $50 for, and jeans are super cheap here... I´ll be able to find new, better ones for a fraction of the cost as home.

But there you have it... we had a robber... and apparently this same guy has been going at it every friday night for the past two weeks... always taking DVD players and other random trinkets from 4 houses so far. Tomorrow night they are hiring a guard to stay up and freak anyone out that might be snooping around. Hope it works...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home