minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

gearing up for the world cup

I have to say that I am really amazed at how much Brazil is gearing up for the copo do mundo. I was envisioning something like Seattle when the Hawks made it to the Superbowl, but they really do take it to the next level. Yellow, green and blue blankets the whole town, as well as the rest of brazil based on what I´ve seen on the news that constantly reports how excited the people of brazil are for it. Ryan and I even observed an intersection being painted with a brazilian flag and the words "Rumo a Hexa" surrounding it. Everyone is getting convinced that this is our chance for a 6th world cup championship. Classrooms are decorated with flags and streamers, billboards are up just to "Torce Brasil" (torce means to twist literally, but really root for or cheer in slang) and even I am getting really into it! I got my brazil zip up hoodie, my brazil earrings, and now i´m shooting for brazil shoes (like green and yellow sneakers) and a cool tshirt. I´m planning to go all out for possibly my one chance of cheering for brasil in brasil. Its hard to imagine that this is how crazy it is getting before the cup even starts... I´m looking forward to seeing how much better it gets as big games come our way and everyone is on the edge of their seats.

VIVA BRASIL!
Ana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home