minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Next week:

Hey everyone,

Just thought I´d let you know that tomorrow (at 5am!... that´s 1am for all of you at home...) we are leaving to go to Ijui/Santa Rosa for the week. Now that the weather is changing, I think I may be in for some `really cold brasilian weather´that my tio Alex keeps on warning me about. I think the jist of it is that since they concerve their energy, they don´t keep their houses warm except for the kitchen which is only warm because of making meals and showering is a bare because they have these insta-hot water showers that doesn´t work extremely well when the water is almost freezing. (maybe I´ll take a picture to demonstrate to everyone what i´m talking about if I do end up taking one of these frigid showers)

I think we´ll be back on Friday or Saturday and then I´m off again to see more of this beautiful country for 2 weeks! WOO HOO! I really have no idea what internet access will be like, but I´ll try to stop into an internet cafe or something by monday/tuesday and give a brief update.

abraços,
Ana

(0 bug bites!; craving: really nothing currently, just ate huge amounts of meat for lunch... Temperature: 70F)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ana -

Your posts are very descriptive - so I feel like I am visting Brazil as well. I can tell you have had some science training though - noting the amount of bug bits and the temperature, etc..I like it. I am glad you are posting as often as you are - like an evolving book.
Take care.
-Filbert

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home