minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Monday, May 15, 2006

checking in...

I just wanted to check in with all of you to say that I´m alive, I made it to Ijui, but because Tia´s bathroom won´t be done by the time we have to leave, I´m spending the week in Santa Rosa, hanging out with Jorge´s step family. They are really cool, I have a new 25 year old "cousin" named Letticia that is awesome, we hung out last night and she´s the first Brazilian that I can actually understand everything she says. I spent the night at her place on saturday, and we even stayed up late just talking, it was really fun to communicate without the guess work.

Today after lunch we head out to Costas (which I´m not sure if its a city or just the name of a development) on the Rio Uruguay, that separates Bazil from Argentina. We are going to hang out at their house on the lake, go boating and also fishing... which, if we catch anything we´ll get to eat as well. They say it is just beautiful, I trust that they are right.

I´ll write a nice long description about my adventures here when I have more time... most likely not until Saturday. I know its a long way away for those who like to hear from me a few times a week... but sometimes adventures take you away from computer access.

love you all,
abraços,

Ana

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ana, hoping all is going good, sounds like you're having WAY too much fun on this journey! But seriously, our thoughts and prayers are there with you. Gwen and Kelly Finn

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine the red dirt flying all over your car. Do you need me to mail you some Dramamine or something? I would be soooo sick from all the bouncing.
hugs
Heather

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home