minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Que azar!

Well, my trip is off to a lousy start. I had to switch my ticket to an earlier flight to Rio and the guy that helped me over the phone didn´t know his stuff and booked me on a flight that my airpass couldn´t cover. I´m stuck in Porto Belo until 6:30 and don´t get into Rio until 9:30. What a pain.

On a happier note, I went to a birthday party with Marcos on Saturday night and had a ball. No, I didn´t have any crazy brazilians trying to make out with me, and really only fell in love with an 11 year old down syndrome boy named Gustav who was at the party (neighbor of the birthday girl). Although I couldn´t understand really anything he said, I did get in on a joke when he was telling our friend Gian´s girlfriend that she was ugly and fat. I just happened to be standing next to her and after he points to her and calls her feia e gorda, he points at me and says "mas ela é bonita e magra" (pretty and skinny). It was pretty funny. Later on, he changed his opinion of me to bonita and gorda, but at least i´m not feia. It was fun to spend time with a disabled kid for an evening, and it definitely reminded me of a lot of fun i´ve had at camp with them. Yesterday there was a telethon on TV for a downs syndrome association... they had famous people come on and sing for an audience of downs kids and would have some of them come and sing with their favorite artists. It was really funny/cute/entertaining and reminded me of Zach King (my camp bro...also downs) singing at Kareoke night, and making up raps about how he GAVE ME my personal space in the field at camp long. I suppose this isn´t really that entertaining for anyone other than people i´ve talked to about camp, but really, this blog is about my memories far more than only informing you of things you want to know or would even understand.

até logo,
Ana

(0 bug bites, craving: Rio de Janeiro, Temperature: 57F, rainy, and i´m really cold!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home