minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

RAIN!


I feel like I´m in Seattle again! Except for that its kind of warm and rainy. Today I got to observe this amazing rainy-ness as I sat under-cover in the back yard finishing the last 150 pages of Harry Potter and watch the birds reactions to the rain coming down by the bucket load as we had thunder and lightning and down pours on and off all afternoon. To my surprise, it was the hummingbirds that enjoyed the rain the most. It was surprising, because I think that oftentimes I think of them as fragile birds that can´t get wet or they won´t be able to fly or something... more insect like than animal... I guess. (I realize this is a weird assumption, but that´s my brain for you.) Anyways, the hummingbirds (I found out today that there are 5 of them) would sit on the clothes line stretching out their wings, fluttering about, puffing up their feathers, just splish splashing in the huge rain drops. It was truly a fun thing to waste away my afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home