minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

my new 6-string

So ever since I got here I knew that I wanted to pick myself up a little guitar to play around on, pass time, praise God, and enjoy. Today Jorge and I bought one at this random store that basically sold everything from refridgerators, to rugs, to funiture, to clothes and yes... also instruments. I picked up this sweet, almost new acoustic with a case as well as extra strings, a pic, and the "official papers", which the lady who sold it to us made a huge point to point out. I got it all for R$160, which is about $70 and even though it doesn't play that well, its exactly what I wanted. Besides, I don't know if it doesn't sound great because I can't tune it that well by ear, or if it is actually the guitarĀ“s fault.

I AM excited though, I feel like it is already becoming an instrument of spreading God's word and drawing me closer to him. I was playing a little earlier and my uncle came in and listened, I was playing Third Day's song "Love Song", and even though he didn't understand the words, I think that soon it will be obvious that I play for God and not for anyone else. Although, he did said that he thought he could make millions off of me if I'd be willing to make a CD and let him be my producer... pretty funny. I'll be the next up-coming star by the time I leave! jking.

ate mais!


1 Comments:

Blogger Jeana said...

It's really pretty! At small group tonight we're going to an SPU women's worship thing. It will be good to sing, but it won't be the same without you...we miss you!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home