minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Brasilian: For Sale

well, ladies and gents, I managed to nab myself a brasilian... and i can't manage to get rid of him. His name is Leandro, he's 25, and good looking. He can dance, and is on many levels the life of the party. Pitfalls are that when he dances with you, kisses are sure to follow, and when he thinks he's getting somewhere with all of his attention and kisses, he follows you around like a lost puppy. When you are trying to converse with other people he makes sure his presense is known by coming up behind you, giving you a kiss on the cheek, or neck, always expecting more, and takes blatant gestures of "get away from me" as "oh, she must like this". Further more, when you try to explain to him that you aren't interested, that you don't want a brasilian guy around, and would rather be by yourself he just says "why, don't you like me?" I guess i'm too nice and the appropriate answer should be, "no, I don't", but since I want to break it to him gently I say "well, yeah, but I don't want to be with you." I think I told him that at least 4 times (each time a little more forcefully) and all that did was keep him away for maybe a half an hour and then he'd go for another round. Oh, I guess that I should also say that the reason why communication doesn't work is because he talks incredibly mumbled and is one of the few people here that I can't understand "nem um pocinho" This ended up being a point of much laughter though, because I befriended another guy, Roberto, that noticed me in my dismay, and made a joke about it all. It definitely put a lighter side on my frustration and made my time more enjoyable.

Oh, I might as well through out that we met at a party for my cousin's really good friend's birthday that was being held nextdoor. It started last night at 8:30, went until 6am, we slept till 10 and met up again at 11 to eat more... we hung out until about 7:00. Crazy times... my question of the night was "do you have parties like this in America?"

Anyways, at this point, if anyone wants him, I'll happily sell Leandro to the highest bidder (even if I have to pay a few reais to take him off my hands) and also if anyone wants to be my fictitious boyfriend in the US that would be really angry when he found out about all of this I'd love that too.

ate mais,
beijos e abraços,
Ana (craving: spaghetti, 3 bug bites: 2 of which on my face!, 77 degres F)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home