minha vida no brasil

A Seattle Girl going to Brasil to understand more fully what it means to be a Brasilian girl. This is where I will document my journey.

Friday, April 21, 2006

its a wonder i'm not fat already

today is yet another holiday. We celebrated O Dia de Tiradentes, the man who began the revolution to free brasil from portugal, and like all other holidays, it was mostly marked by the massive amounts of eating that were to be had. We ate a whole ton of muscles for lunch, made paella style with rice and vegetables... it was awesome. After 3 hours of eating, guests left and we decided to watch a movie, I fell asleep halfway through (because with eating came drinking alike) and then my uncle woke me up and told me to go to bed... woke up at 6:30 to find out we were going to the neighbors for churrasco... meat fest... we just returned from it... 5 more hours of eating... I feel like I need to go on a marathon of a run or something if I'm going to get out of brasil in one, slender and cute, piece.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home